so I guess IKMultimedia digs you too...
Producer's Edge Magazine
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

so I guess IKMultimedia digs you too... Expand / Collapse
Author

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2/27/2010 12:11:45 AM
“Quite an Achievement...” Describes Producer’s Edge on SampleTron
"Retro, vintage, crusty and funky”

Producer's Edge always has the veteran musicians in mind. The magazine focuses on advanced techniques in both hardware and software to bring out the full potential of their reader's set up and to help cut down their production time. This is why they jumped at the opportunity to review SampleTron.

"So how does it sound? Retro, vintage, crusty and funky. If you have an understanding of the original machines and the lo-fi coloring of the sound, then you will appreciate the great lengths IK Multimedia has gone to while preserving the nature while embracing the future. It is quite an achievement to amass these samples from such a diverse set of instruments (many needing restoration) and present them in an easily accessible manner to both the Mellotron enthusiast and producer looking to add vinyl-styled instruments to their studio."

"If you are a producer who uses samples and struggles to find additional sounds to sit next to the vinyl snippets then this is a key product."

"A nice touch is the effects run independent of the instrument. Just selecting phonograph as an effect brings on the hiss and crackle which I immediately sampled to use with other tracks."

It says we are in a raffle to win IK stuff. do I get to pick what I win because I have some of their stuff already?

Pro Tools || Ableton Live 7 || Absynth 4 || Z3TA || Alesis SR16 || Roland JP-8080 || Juno 106 || Korg MS2000
Post #888
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:48am