Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Random Quotes about Producer's Edge Magazine Expand / Collapse
Author

Editor In Chief

Editor In Chief

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 12/29/2012 10:08:13 AM
"I came across the current issue of Producer's Edge and was blown away by the articles and focus within. Since Scratch magazine is dust, there was a void needed to be filled and your magazine seems to have a grasp on the proper presentation of the niche of hip hop production. The article on the SP1200 and the following interview with Easy Mo Bee was tight. I subscribed this evening in hopes that my support will keep this magazine coming."      -EDAYE THE ZRO HOUR podcast/radio show

"Producer’s Edge calls itself “The Journal of Hip Hop, R&;B and Rap Music Production.” While this title is accurate, it’s too humble....The magazine touches on lots of specialized topics that may leave music fans scratching their heads, but beatmakers and producers will be taking notes." - HipHopProductions.com

"I like the concept---kinda like a Scratch meets VIBE  feel with more space devoted to actual gear and how to use it. Like VIBE, you seem to have hookups to a lot of major players and events, but you present a different angle----more music biz rather than celebrity/gossip like some other publications."  - LB Korg USA

"I just got Producer’s Edge #2 and read it cover to cover!  Mad props my friend; you have put out an outstanding publication.  I think it really raises the bar above anything else I have seen directed at the up-and-coming artists and producers in the hip hop world.  Most of even the major publications, and I don’t have to name any names here, seem to be focused primarily on the gloss and glamour of the industry, and on hyped-up reviews of the latest new gadgets which again focus on style over substance.  By contrast I think Producer’s Edge is coming from a really good place; everything is very well-written, the interviews are serious and focused with great questions, and the whole slant of the publication is towards knowing your roots, doing your work, and learning how to get the best use out of the tools you have available.  That is *so* refreshing compared to the alternative!  You all are definitely on point.  Keep up the great work and let me know if there is anything I can do over here at Moog to help out." -Amos Gaynes Moog Music

"looking good I do really like the fact that there is just so much info in there tho! I find it annoying when I see mags where every other page is an advert." - Fxpansion

I look for opportunities to enlighten the youngsters. I've worked with everyone from Michael and Janet Jackson to David Banner ...magazines like yours have been an important part of who I became. -'Madjef'

Post #668
Posted 5/25/2008 7:44:51 PM

Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Last Login: 7/30/2015 12:52:10 PM
Today i had a chance to pick up your magazine at a local book store and i have to say, Very Nice Job u have an excellent magazine im an indie producer so its nice to get any info i can and your magazine had more than enough i will defintley be picking up a subcribing to ur magazine i wish ya'll the best of luck with it and look forward to reading ur next editoral..thanks again for the wonderful magazine

-Josh Decker
DeckaMade Productions

diggin the magazine and what it offers. -rel- trak atiks music, llc

Post #669
Posted 6/12/2008 11:12:14 AM

Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator

http://www.thezrohour.com

http://thezrohour.blogspot.com/

"I just wanted to drop a line about the magazine. I had a chance to fully read thru issue 02 and I have to say that Producer's Edge is brilliant. The amount of information contained in that one issue put the history of Scratch Magazine to shame. I was happy to see it had a complete focus on technical aspects of producing as well as honest dialogue within the interviews. The SP1200 article and the Easy Mo Bee piece that followed was a one-two punch. Very tight. The Snocap and Tunecore features were very valuable. It reads like a trade magazine and that is not detrimental. I can say that it falls in line with MIX, Keyboard and Remix magazines. It deserves the same attention that these publications get especially since it focuses on the production methods and tools within the largest moneymaking genre of music- Hip-Hop and R&B. I look forward to receiving the new issues... "

- EDAYE

Post #704
Posted 7/6/2008 11:21:41 PM

Heavy Cat Status

Heavy Cat Status

Last Login: 6/20/2017 1:07:35 AM
"This magazine is top quality and a dope read for all you producers and Hiphops heads,well worth checking out.Spread the word."

-CBMag.co.uk

Post #743
Posted 10/22/2008 7:21:06 AM

Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator

"...this is a must read. No fluff. Where SCRATCH magazine almost got it right, Producer's Edge surpasses that vison."

-EDAYE

http://thezrohour.blogspot.com

http://thezrohour.blogspot.com/2008/10/music-tech-journal-of-hip-hop.html

Post #875
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 9:10am